Monday, May 12, 2014

HE DID IT AGAIN



He did it again.

Sent us what we like to call in Spanish ¨un mimo de Dios¨.

This can be loosely translated as an affectionate act of God that is unexpected & undeserved.  Something like a message of TLC.  I LOVE IT WHEN HE DOES THAT!

This last week has hit us like a terrible surprise gone wrong.  Just when everything was finally moving upwards & forwards & while the smile was still upon our lips of celebration at the gaining of 2 kilos, we were back in the soup again.  The tide had finally been turned & Jenna was feeling better, gaining weight and handling the NG tube with grace.  When the vomiting started - and wouldn´t stop - it was hard to not ask Why?  But here we are at the hospital again.

He seems to know just when we need something special.  I´m afraid I´m going to get spoiled!

On Friday evening we watched part of a TV program which is broadcast in England.  The host, a friend who works here in So. Spain, Kurt Kettner-Borough, shared a bit of Jenna´s story and then prayed for her.  There are thousands of viewers and we were super touched that he took time to do that for our family!  That was ¨un mimo de Dios¨ for us!


Then on Sunday, we started receiving photos from 5 friends who ran in a local race for Women Against Cancer here in Málaga.  They all ran for Jenna as their t-shirts and signs proclaim:


This is Daniela on the right with ¨Jenna¨on her t-shirt.  She is a friend from high school.


Here is Lidia, a dear friend who is a nurse and has visited often with Jenna during all of this.  Her sign says:  ¨This race is for you, wishing you a speedy recovery.  We love you so much, Jenna!¨


This is Mel, who in addition to running, set up a Whats App prayer group
 of youth for Jenna that we use all the time to post current requests.


These are 4 from our church in downtown Málaga: L to R: 
 Yolanda, Lidia, Mel & Wendi.  Aren´t they awesome!??!


So, He has encouraged us this week in two very unexpected & unique ways.

He is just the best.

And thanks to ALL of you out there who continually show your love in amazing ways that humble us, bring us to tears, encourage us, bless us, cause us to be filled with thanks to God and give us strength when we think we have no more.  You are all LA CAÑA!!!! (that´s a really cool thing.)



Photo by:  Stephen.James

3 comments:

  1. Dear Pam & Family,
    I came across your blog, as Dana posted a link on his Facebook. I met Dana when I spent some time in Indonesia several years ago, and he was there with his kids. I was curious about your blog because I am an oncology nurse. I am 24 years old and have been working at a Children's Hospital in the oncology ward for the past 2 years. I read all of your updates from the beginning, and feel that I was sitting next to you throughout this process. Although I typically work with a bit younger patients, we do see kids up until age 21. I could feel myself tensing up as I noted your frustration through the various setbacks and obstacles. I guess I just wanted to reach out and offer some encouragement and prayers from California. Jenna is the name of my sister and she is turning 20 in a couple weeks, and I am only 24, so your story, Jenna's story, hits close to home. Please feel free to Facebook or email me if you ever want to. I may be able to offer something helpful or at least network with my nursing/medical community here. It is such a complex and roller-coaster journey, and it takes its toll on everyone involved. There are so many ups and downs, and it ends up being your life. Please give Jenna a hug for me.

    Blessings from Your Sister in Christ,
    Alyssa Singh
    alyssasingh@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don´t think I ever replied to you, dear Alyssa. Thank you so much for your genuine interest and support. I may send you a question now and then!

      blessings!

      Delete
  2. So pleased that He knows how to "lift our heads" in difficult days. We are praying friends!

    ReplyDelete