Monday, February 1, 2016

TENTATIVE PRAISE













“Aslan is a lion- the Lion, the great Lion." "Ooh" said Susan. "I'd thought he was a man. Is he-quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver ..."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you.”

C.S.Lewis, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe


To my un-safe but good King....  :)


Praise comes
from trembling lips
Gratitude stumbles
from mustard-seed heart
Wisdom emerges
from a terrible, yet sacred journey
Trust is budding
from this pilgrim walk.

Tears, miles, hours, prayers
all done with Him.
He has not left me.
Yet neither He has explained Himself.
He is Love and Mystery.

The storms, mountains & valleys
are not over.
I thought they were!
But this trek still has more
break-points, look-outs, summits and precipices.
It is all mapped out in tender, yet stubborn love.

I breathe in, I breathe out,
take the next step.
I stop to take in the view
And He whispers
and smiles.
If I don´t pay attention
I will miss it!
So I pause often
To see the sacred in the terrible
to find beauty in the shadows
to embrace joy in spite of 
to kiss velvety petals.
lay on green,
listen to quiet waters.

And in those moments, praise comes 
from trembling lips...






Photo by:  Jesús Pérez Pacheco


No comments:

Post a Comment