Sunday, May 10, 2020

LORD, BE MY DEFAULT




Lord, be my default.
I want emotional triggers to take me to You, 
Not to anger or frustration or self-centeredness or other places that are not Your will for me.
Please work Your love & holiness deeper into my heart through dedication to renew my mind.

Protect me from choosing things that take away from my relationship with you.
Protect my mind from fear or worry that arise from today´s prevalent, pommeling information.
Protect my soul from going to dark places with the negative news.
Shine your light on my path - "Your Word is a lamp to my feet, a light to my path."
I need Your truth to ground me and to guide me.

Protect my body from defaulting to laziness because things are not ideal under quarantine.
Remind me of its purpose as a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Give me patience in the waiting & the changing uncertainty from day to day.
Give me flexibility in my work, projects that change daily & require extra work.
Remind me that my service & work is for You & for others You love. 

Show me what you are doing so I can join you...
Reveal to me the work of my hands -
Let me love & celebrate each positive change;
Guide me to know how to navigate this new time.

They say things will never be the same again.
So please give us not just wisdom, but revelation.
As for your people, help us to be ready for what it so come
Fill us with compassion & action for those suffering economically, educationally
Give us wisdom as politicians wax eloquently but most often misleadingly
Give us love & passion to pray for all to be ready for these new times.

Give us creativity, freshness, renewed ideas for these times to show you, Jesus.
Help us to work less but to give more meaningfully
Help us to be ready -
to be who You want us to be post-quarantine;
for life is different;
give us Your mind to see how we should move forward.  
Help us to be ready as Your church, Lord Jesus.
May You be exalted as we "be still and know You are God." (Ps 46:10)

Lord, please be my default;
I want everything in me to lead to You.
And to the extension of your kingdom.



Photo:  Marco Herrera




No comments:

Post a Comment